Marin Digital’s founder, Chris Armbrust, is one of pioneers in the digital media industry, with over twenty five years of experience in the research, development and deployment of digital media services. He has been a featured speaker at various industry conferences, including Hollywood Post Alliance, DVD Pro Conference & Expo, Creative Cow, DVD-A conferences, REPLITech Euorpe, MCAI, DV Expo, SMPTE and South by Southwest (SXSW).
Chris is also the co-author of two books on Blu-ray:
- “High Definition DVD Handbook, producing for HD DVD and Blu-ray disc”. This book details what you need to know about the production workflows and asset preparation. It is good reference for learning how to set up for creating Blu-ray (or HD DVD) discs whether you have a small or large facility. It is available at Amazon.com
- “Blu-ray Disc Demystified”. This book provides an overview of Blu-ray as well as many of the technical details what you need to know. This is a great reference book for Blu-ray if you are either in the business of creating Blu-ray titles or just want to know more about how it works. It is available at Amazon.com
Chris has also represented companies in implementing new standards based technologies and has participated in the following standards organizations and industry groups:
- CEA-861 R4.8 WG7 (basis for HDMI and Display Port interfaces) – enhanced standard to include the ability to include vendor specific metadata.
- Blu-ray Disc Association
- Consumer Electronics Association on CEA-861F (which is one of the foundations specifications for HDMI)
- 3D@Home – on defining workflows for creating and distribution of 3D video.